Marketing
Every product has a quality that everyone looks for, and everyone has a different need to search for that quality, and everyone seek a different quality.
The marketing strategy for that product is everything, what happens after the purchase of that product is irrelevant, that in a nutshell is how the world sees each other. Trying to bridge that gap of before and after has been a serious mistake.
Recently I have felt misunderstood, misjudged, and I’ll have to take that blame for all the downhill, while still trying to understand how to fit everything in.
I know how each pieces work. I’m not sure if I accept them, but because that’s how the world operates it seems to me that I have to follow the mass. Anything out of the ordinary is considered as weird, unusual, distinctly unaccepted, I’ve tried that and it is not going well at all.
Let’s pitch a scenario, a friend’s parent had a mild stroke was admitted to the hospital. A normal reaction would be to ask:
“How is your mom?”
“What Happened?”
“Oh this is unfortunate, can I go visit her?”
I didn’t. Knowing this particular friend had all her other friend to shower her with unconditional love and care for I didn’t see the need to, not that I don’t love or care for her any less. Now that apparently was a mistake, I felt I shouldn’t ask her because after a while of friends asking how are things going and stuff I get irritated, and sometimes angry that a friend whom I know cares for me asks me: “how’s your mom?”. She had a stroke and she’s in the hospital, honestly how do you think she is? No doubt that friend is a good and caring person, but that is a nonsensical question.
Now she feels I don’t care and things are sour between us, that was not my intention, neither was that how I feel, and someone mentioned that if I go to that friend after everything has blown over I would be marked as a "late-comer". That’s marketing with the wrong target audience.
Over the past few months, I have been in constant internal debate over what to do, what is still ethical and unacceptable to a lot of people. And now I painfully realize that driving a point across is impossible without being neutral, making a point to be tackled with and be ready to take questions to demolish my resolve for that point is not how many people see it, but I like to think that is a healthy discussion of some sort, not being personal and still have that lively conversation as friends, and as a friend, I need to understand I have my point, the other has his or her own, so we can question it, but never make it personal.
Now it is never easy to see a friend feel a certain negative way of something or someone, especially when you are the person causing him (yeah it’s me I’m referring to) to feel this way regardless whether you know are causing it. Not that I’m holding a grudge, but it’s fucked up to feel being used.
Let’s again pitch another scenario, a group of friends decided to go out and have some munch, and asks the boys to who can drive, let’s face it, it’s convenient for everyone to go out that way, and the response?
“Defiantly, let me pick you guys up at 9.30pm”
"I’m not sure, let me check if my dad is back”
“Sure, but it’ll have to be later because my dad won’t be back that early”
I have used all of them, until the point I didn’t feel happy picking and dropping them off, that moment came when I told them I couldn’t drive, so I was thinking “yeah we’ll probably hang at some nearby coffee shop”, little did I expect them to say: “in that case let’s meet another time”, and it wasn’t just once that happen. That repeated reply made my blood boil, it really really made me cross, That statement along with the expectation of driving when friends ask you “will you be driving today?” instead of the old “can you drive today?” really push me over the edge, what happened to buses and taxis? I’ll make this statement very clearly: I would gladly drive if I had spare cash, try paying for the parking and fuel on top of food with a $50 budget a week. Then again I understand if they don’t see it that way because their boyfriends and girlfriends had fuel and parking covered by their parents.
Why not talk to them directly? Well this kind of cushions the blow, and I don’t think they’ll respect the fact that I’ll be in their face telling them how I feel.
Sure my marketing has been a screw up, and I’ve not been kind with my words, actually I’ve been quite a jackass lately. That amazingly enough does not reflect how I feel towards friends and family, my intentions are genuine and sincere, and I only want the best for them.
I am sorry if any one feels hurt by my words, but I am not sorry for my intentions.
I am sorry I cannot match up to your expectations, but I’m not sorry for defending my fort.
Things definitely has changed for me, and if you have trouble accepting that change, then I think both of us will be sorry it couldn’t last.
And this “us” is not any particular person, but definitely this particular group.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home